Your Prospects & Pursuits
There are Grades 1-8 in piano lessons. The student can make use of this opportunity and take exams hosted by the Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music or by Trinity Guildhall, both of which are UK music exam boards.
Associated Board of the Royal Schools of Music (ABRSM)
Four Components of the Exam:
- Scales and Arpeggios – There will be a technical exercise where candidate needs to play out scales and arpeggios.
- Exam Pieces – Candidate must play three prepared pieces as part of the exam.
- Sight-Reading – After half a minute of preparation, the candidate will be given an unknown short piece to play.
- Aural Tests – There will be a series of tests where the candidate will be tested through rhythm clapping, memory singing, pitch change, and answer questions based on listening skills.
Trinity’s Piano exams provide a structured yet flexible choice of framework for progress, which enables a learner to demonstrate their own musical personality, play to their strengths and promote intrinsic enjoyment in their musical performance. Students progress in their own musical style by choosing from the lists of pieces that are carefully selected by the experts. You become the musician that you want to be and get the recognition you deserve.
There are three recital diplomas that are available in Trinity Guildhall:
- Associate (ATCL): Equivalent to first year undergraduate degree (duration of 40 minutes)
- Licentiate (LTCL): Equivalent to fourth year undergraduate degree (duration of 45 minutes)
- Fellowship (FTCL): Equivalent to a postgraduate course (duration of 50 minutes)
Candidates are assessed through an externally regulated and internationally recognised exam systems, with a 140-year heritage that you can trust. This also helps the student determine their preferred genre – leisure, pop music, classical music, and so on.
If the students do not wish to sit for exams, piano can still be learned for leisure and other health and lifestyle benefits, where fundamentals are still taught such as sight reading, repertoires, technics, and so on.
For Kids: Learn disciple, be eligible for exams, obtain certifications as well as reach Grade 8 practical and theory for teaching opportunities in the future
For Elderly: For relaxation, motor skills, prevent dementia, stimulation of emotions and fulfilment
To understand the full range of benefits of music, click here!