Piano Lessonsfor Kids & Adults in Singapore
Benefits of Music & Piano Lessons for Kids
“Music training direct children’s attention to sounds, and teaches them to make sound-meaning connections, eventually leading to heightened biological processing of sound that is associated with superior academic performance.” – Professor Nina Kraus
Studies show that music can have positive biological effects on a child’s brain, including improvement on their speech, a boost in self-confidence and an eagerness to learn. Thus, it can be a way to improve academic performance and promote social and holistic development for the children.
Benefits of Music & Piano Lessons for Adults
Music is for everyone of all ages. Along with its benefits for kids, here are some that can also be beneficial for the elderly’s welfare.
- How do piano lessons improve your health?
- Strengthening our immune system
- Relaxation and calming effect
- How does learning piano benefit your brain?
- Avoiding cognitive decline that may lead to dementia and other related conditions
- Improvement of brain’s motor and audio functions
- How does playing the piano build character?
- Build time management, which is a useful skill in different life situations
- Improves academic abilities
- Enables to be emotionally aware of other people’s feelings
- Emotional expression through music
Here’s an article by Jordan Smith of CMUSE that discusses the five reasons why it’s good to learn a musical instrument.
A Creative Place Where Kids & Adults Learn Piano Lessons
Let Adeline Yeo Piano Studio be your guide as you learn to play the piano. Our piano classes are tailored for students of any age, providing both kids and adults in Singapore with an enjoyable and rewarding learning experience.
1. Piano Lessons for Kids
Our kid’s piano lessons focus on building a solid foundation in music theory and technique. Your child will be immersed in a world of fun and creativity, with individualised instruction designed to help them reach their goals.
At Adeline Piano Studio, there are different lessons available for kids of different ages. Some of these include:
- Beginners Guide to Learn Piano: To learn piano, our tutors include technique games, musical pieces and chants. This will help to develop fundamental abilities such as hearing comprehension, physical coordination & eye-tracking.
- Creating the basis for rhythm, tempo, pitch etc: This is a starting lesson for kids who want to develop an appreciation for music. These types of lessons usually involve learning about the different aspects of music, such as melody and rhythm.
2. Piano Lessons for Adults
Our adult piano lessons are designed to provide a tailored learning experience for each individual. We focus on helping adult learners develop a deep understanding of the music fundamentals while being flexible to accommodate their busy lifestyles.
At Adeline Piano Studio, there are different lessons available for adults. Some of these include:
- Learning fundamental elements like rhythm, pitch, perception etc. Here adults can learn how to play the piano. This will also teach your hands & ears how to read music.
- Learning about theory: In theory, students will learn harmony and composition. This will help them to understand more complex elements of music.
3. Personalised Approach
At Adeline Yeo Piano Studio, our teachers are passionate about helping you reach your musical goals. We strive to create an environment where students can reach their full potential and have fun while learning.