Piano Lessonsfor Kids & Adults in Singapore
Benefits of Music & Piano Lessons for Kids
“Music training direct children’s attention to sounds, and teaches them to make sound-meaning connections, eventually leading to heightened biological processing of sound that is associated with superior academic performance.” – Professor Nina Kraus
Studies show that music can have positive biological effects on a child’s brain, including improvement on their speech, a boost in self-confidence and an eagerness to learn. Thus, it can be a way to improve academic performance and promote social and holistic development for the children.
Benefits of Music & Piano Lessons for Adults
Music is for everyone of all ages. Along with its benefits for kids, here are some that can also be beneficial for the elderly’s welfare.
- How do piano lessons improve your health?
- Strengthening our immune system
- Relaxation and calming effect
- How does learning piano benefit your brain?
- Avoiding cognitive decline that may lead to dementia and other related conditions
- Improvement of brain’s motor and audio functions
- How does playing the piano build character?
- Build time management, which is a useful skill in different life situations
- Improves academic abilities
- Enables to be emotionally aware of other people’s feelings
- Emotional expression through music
Here’s an article by Jordan Smith of CMUSE that discusses the five reasons why it’s good to learn a musical instrument.